Ginger Peach Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving juice; set peaches aside. Add water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, peach juice, salt and ginger until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add peaches and water chestnuts; heat through. Spoon over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 226 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Ginger Peach Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.