Ginger Peach Chicken Recipe
"My family is always glad to see this hearty skillet dinner on busy nights," says Patty Gales of Pepperell, Massachusetts. "It goes together quickly with ingredients that I keep on hand. I often serve it with a side of rice or pasta."
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; set peaches aside. Add water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, peach juice, salt and ginger until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add peaches and water chestnuts; heat through. Spoon over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Peach Chicken in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p50
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Peach Chicken(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >