"My family is always glad to see this hearty skillet dinner on busy nights," says Patty Gales of Pepperell, Massachusetts. "It goes together quickly with ingredients that I keep on hand. I often serve it with a side of rice or pasta."
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; set peaches aside. Add water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, peach juice, salt and ginger until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add peaches and water chestnuts; heat through. Spoon over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Peach Chicken in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Peach Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2013