Ginger Pancakes Recipe
A sunny sauce nicely complements the gingery flavor in these pancakes. "We often put a cube of cream cheese on top of the pancakes before pouring on the lemon sauce," notes field editor Jenece Howard of Elko, Nevada.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- LEMON SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and molasses until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Keep warm.
- 3. For syrup, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the sugar, water, egg yolk and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Serve warm with pancakes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 527 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC