Ginger Pancakes with Lemon Sauce Recipe
I first tried these spice-laced hotcakes at my niece's house and they quickly became my favorite breakfast item. Spreading cream cheese on each one and then topping the pancakes with the thick lemony sauce yields a tasty treat that's different from typical breakfast fare.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 carton (4 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 1. For lemon sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly; cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and is slightly thickened. Keep warm.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, egg, milk, molasses and spices just until smooth. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is set. Serve with cream cheese and lemon sauce. Yield: 12 pancakes (about 1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 serving (2 each) equals 589 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Pancakes with Lemon Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC