A sunny sauce nicely complements the gingery flavor in these pancakes. "We often put a cube of cream cheese on top of the pancakes before pouring on the lemon sauce," notes field editor Jenece Howard of Elko, Nevada.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- LEMON SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and molasses until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Keep warm.
- For syrup, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the sugar, water, egg yolk and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Serve warm with pancakes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p22
Reviews for Ginger Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review