Ginger-Orange Wings Recipe
- 25 whole chicken wings (about 5 pounds)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a large resealable plastic bag. combine the flour, seasoned salt and garlic salt. Add chicken wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, fry wings in oil, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- 2. Drain pan drippings; return all chicken to the pan.combine the marmalade, ketchup, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken and stir to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until wings are well coated. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 375 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,217 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer