Ginger-Orange Wings Recipe
- 25 whole chicken wings (about 5 pounds)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a large resealable plastic bag. combine the flour, seasoned salt and garlic salt. Add chicken wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, fry wings in oil, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Drain pan drippings; return all chicken to the pan.combine the marmalade, ketchup, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken and stir to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until wings are well coated. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ginger-Orange Wings
Sort By :
I halved the recipe and ended up making 2 batches of wings in my 12 inch skillet. The prep work went really fast, but do plan on at least the full cook time stated because you will probably end up cooking in batches if your pan isn't big enough. Very good recipe, though. Also good if you sub apricot jam for the marmalade.