- 2 butternut squash (2 pounds each), peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, toss the squash, orange juice concentrate, ginger and pepper. Arrange in a single layer in prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring twice. Stir in butter before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Orange Squash in Light & Tasty October 2005, p50
Reviews for Ginger Orange Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2013 Edited Oct. 2, 2014
"I'm the butternut squash lover, but the orange juice concentrate was too tangy, so I rinsed some of it off; then it was fine. Try just orange juice."
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2009
"This recipe was delicious. The color ads to thepresence of the dish. I loved the tangy ginger and orange flavor. I thought it was very easy to make. It's an attractive and tasty dish.I loved the outcome."