Ginger-Orange Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork equals 243 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.