Ginger Nut Crisps Recipe
The only problem with these cookies is that it's hard to eat just one! I came up with this recipe when my mother shared a large supply of ginger. We love these spice cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans or almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in honey. Combine the flours, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Shape into two 11-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-11 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
2 each: 172 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Ginger Nut Crisps
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2009
"I found these cookies too crumblywhile mixing up and shaping into the rolls. I would not bake everagain."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC