Ginger Nut Crisps Recipe
The only problem with these cookies is that it's hard to eat just one! I came up with this recipe when my mother shared a large supply of ginger. We love these spice cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans or almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in honey. Combine the flours, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Shape into two 11-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-11 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
2 each: 172 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Ginger Nut Crisps
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2009
"I found these cookies too crumblywhile mixing up and shaping into the rolls. I would not bake everagain."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC