- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans or almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in honey. Combine the flours, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Shape into two 11-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-11 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger Nut Crisps in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p92
Reviews for Ginger Nut Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2009
"I found these cookies too crumblywhile mixing up and shaping into the rolls. I would not bake everagain."