- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place snow peas in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and milk until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry chicken in 1 teaspoon hot oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry mushrooms and ginger in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add peas; stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Mushroom Chicken in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Mushroom Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >