Ginger Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 11 cookies)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, cookie crumbs and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- 3. In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and ginger. Add meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, gently stirring several times. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 97 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Ginger Meatballs
"i thought it was a unique spin on something that is otherwise quite ordinary...i increased the ginger snaps and decreased the amount of ketchup..it was great and everyone enjoyed them"