Ginger Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 11 cookies)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, cookie crumbs and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- 3. In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and ginger. Add meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, gently stirring several times. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (2 meatballs, prepared with lean ground beef) equals 97 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.