Sybil Leson of Houston, Texas writes, "These sweet and tangy meatballs have caused many guests to ask, 'What is that delicious flavor?' I often increase the recipe and keep the meatballs warm in a slow cooker."
Recommended: Game Day Potluck Recipes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 11 cookies)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cookie crumbs and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and ginger. Add meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, gently stirring several times. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger Meatballs in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p44
Reviews for Ginger Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2009
"i thought it was a unique spin on something that is otherwise quite ordinary...i increased the ginger snaps and decreased the amount of ketchup..it was great and everyone enjoyed them"