Ginger Mashed Veggies Recipe
“My best friend, Helen Gilpin, shared this delicious recipe with me,” writes Ella Mae Hoefling of New Brunswick, New Jersey. This light and nutritious side is bursting with fall flavor!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 small carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash with the remaining ingredients. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 152 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Ginger Mashed Veggies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC