“My best friend, Helen Gilpin, shared this delicious recipe with me,” writes Ella Mae Hoefling of New Brunswick, New Jersey. This light and nutritious side is bursting with fall flavor!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 small carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash with the remaining ingredients. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Mashed Veggies in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Ginger Mashed Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review