Ginger Mango Grunt Recipe
These tender dumplings in a chunky fruit sauce are loaded with vitamins C and A, helpful in nourishing and protecting skin. Roxanne Chan - Albany, CA
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute
- 3/4 cup mango nectar, divided
- 1 jar (24 ounces) refrigerated mango slices, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg substitute and 1/4 cup nectar; stir into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Place the mango slices, marmalade, lemon juice and remaining nectar in a blender. Cover and process until chunky.
- 3. Transfer to a large skillet; stir in raisins. Bring to a boil. Drop batter in eight mounds onto the simmering mango mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Sprinkle with ginger and almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 232 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Mango Grunt
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC