Ginger Mango Grunt Recipe
These tender dumplings in a chunky fruit sauce are loaded with vitamins C and A, helpful in nourishing and protecting skin. Roxanne Chan - Albany, CA
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute
- 3/4 cup mango nectar, divided
- 1 jar (24 ounces) refrigerated mango slices, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg substitute and 1/4 cup nectar; stir into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Place the mango slices, marmalade, lemon juice and remaining nectar in a blender. Cover and process until chunky.
- Transfer to a large skillet; stir in raisins. Bring to a boil. Drop batter in eight mounds onto the simmering mango mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Sprinkle with ginger and almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Mango Grunt in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p39
Reviews for Ginger Mango Grunt(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >