Ginger-Macadamia Nut Snowballs
You’ll go nuts over these ginger-spiced cookies, made with love and coated
with sweet confectioners’ sugar to look like snow. —Jenny Humphries, Ocean View, Hawaii
66 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar until
- blended. Beat in lemon peel and lemon extract. Gradually beat flour
- into creamed mixture. Stir in macadamia nuts and ginger. Refrigerate
- for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on parchment
- paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or
- until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire
- racks. When cooled, roll cookies again in confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: about 5 dozen.