Ginger-Lime Pear Cobbler Recipe
We have a huge pear tree in our yard, which is why I came up with this recipe. The tart lime, sweet pears and tangy ginger are a winning combination. —Heather Naas, Lompoc, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground ginger
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and ground ginger. Stir in the pears, crystallized ginger and lime juice; set aside.
- 2. Pour butter into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lime peel, salt and ginger. Stir in milk. Pour over butter (do not stir). Spoon pear mixture over the top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC