We have a huge pear tree in our yard, which is why I came up with this recipe. The tart lime, sweet pears and tangy ginger are a winning combination. —Heather Naas, Lompoc, California
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground ginger
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and ground ginger. Stir in the pears, crystallized ginger and lime juice; set aside.
- Pour butter into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lime peel, salt and ginger. Stir in milk. Pour over butter (do not stir). Spoon pear mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ginger-Lime Pear Cobbler in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p31
Reviews for Ginger-Lime Pear Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review