Ginger Ham Steaks
This easy-to-prep entree from Sharon Deane of Powell River, British Columbia serves up the lively taste of ginger in each bite. “Other kinds of tart jelly work just as well in this recipe,” she writes. “I often use my homemade huckleberry or crabapple jelly.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham over medium
- heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until heated through. Remove
- from the skillet and keep warm. Stir in the jelly, mustard and
- ginger. Return ham to the skillet; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ham steak with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 293 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,450 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.