Ginger-Glazed Grilled Honeydew
If you've never grilled fruit like this before, you're in for a real treat! Jacqui says, “I love the idea of cooking everything from appetizers to desserts on the grill. This is sweet and really light.” Jacqui Correa - Landing, New Jersey
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium honeydew, cut into 2-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Thread honeydew
- onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with half the glaze.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill honeydew, covered, over
- medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or
- just until melon begins to soften and brown, turning and basting
- frequently with remaining glaze.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer equals 101 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.