Ginger-Glazed Grilled Honeydew Recipe
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium honeydew, cut into 2-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Thread honeydew onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with half the glaze.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill honeydew, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or just until melon begins to soften and brown, turning and basting frequently with remaining glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ginger-Glazed Grilled Honeydew
Sort By :
I haven't tried making this yet, but I would try it with under-ripe melon, to prolong the cooking time, and baste the melon with the sauce.
While I really liked the flavor combination of the glaze and the honeydew, I have not been able to successfully execute this dish. On the grill, the glaze basically ran off the melon into the fire. I tried it again in a non-stick skillet and the melon became mushy.