If you've never grilled fruit like this before, you're in for a real treat! I love the idea of cooking everything from appetizers to desserts on the grill. This grilled honeydew recipe is sweet and really light. —Jacqui Correa, Landing, New Jersey
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium honeydew, cut into 2-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Thread honeydew onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with half the glaze.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill honeydew, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or just until melon begins to soften and brown, turning and basting frequently with remaining glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ginger-Glazed Grilled Honeydew in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p60
Reviews for Ginger-Glazed Grilled Honeydew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review