When I first served this instead of usual fried chicken, my family was hesitant...until they sampled it! Now we alternate between our old standby and our newfound favorite.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Grill: 50 min.
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. Grill
- chicken, covered, over medium-low heat, turning and basting with
- butter several times, for 30 minutes. Then grill, uncovered, turning
- and basting with orange juice mixture several times, for 20-30
- minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 593 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.