Ginger Garlic Linguine Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, ginger, basil and cayenne in butter for 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Drain the linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 359 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.