While this recipe's ginger sauce was designed for pasta, it's also good over green beans, pierogies or salmon. I've often tripled the sauce, then frozen the extra so I can whip this dish up even faster on busy nights.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, ginger, basil and cayenne in butter for 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain the linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Garlic Linguine in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ginger Garlic Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review