Ginger Fruit Sundaes
The flavor of ginger steals the show in this fruit-filled topping that Heidi Wilcox serves warm over ice cream. The Lapeer, Michigan subscriber uses orange marmalade and canned fruit to streamline preparation.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Vanilla ice cream
- Drain oranges, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set oranges aside. In a
- saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Add
- the pineapple, marmalade and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- oranges. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.