Ginger Fried Rice Recipe
For variety and color, I like to combine at least two types of vegetables in this fried rice recipe. It's a flexible dish, limited only by what's in the fridge and your imagination. —Becky Matheny, Strasburg, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cold cooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 1. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Pour egg into skillet. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to plate. Set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute pepper and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, chicken, soy sauce and ginger. Chop egg into small pieces; stir into skillet and heat through. Garnish with carrot. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 223 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC