- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cold cooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Pour egg into skillet. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to plate. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute pepper and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, chicken, soy sauce and ginger. Chop egg into small pieces; stir into skillet and heat through. Garnish with carrot. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Fried Rice in Reminisce October/November 2010, p44
Reviews for Ginger Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review