- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and eggs. Combine the dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger Drop Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p66
Reviews for Ginger Drop Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review