- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork, forming a crisscross pattern. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger Creme Sandwich Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p109
Reviews for Ginger Creme Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
"Good but not spectacular enough to make again. I love to WOW my guests with popping flavors."