Ginger Cream Cookies
This great tasting ginger cookie really lives up to its name; it's cake-like and the spices really blend together well. This cookie perfectly captures the flavor of the season. Suvilla Jordan, Butler, Pennsylvania
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar blend
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, beat the molasses, sugar blend, oil, egg and vanilla
- until well blended. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add
- to molasses mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly
- coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 60 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,