Ginger Cream Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar blend
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the molasses, sugar blend, oil, egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to molasses mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 60 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.