This great tasting ginger cookie really lives up to its name; it's cake-like and the spices really blend together well. This cookie perfectly captures the flavor of the season. Suvilla Jordan, Butler, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar blend
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, beat the molasses, sugar blend, oil, egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to molasses mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger Cream Cookies in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p23
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ginger Cream Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review