Ginger Cranberry Pinwheels Recipe
"Here's a nice Christmas cookie with a different shape," Laurel doughty writes from a Fryeburg, Maine. "They are fun to make and very delicious."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 24 whole fresh cranberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 cup cranberries, sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in marmalade and ginger. Set aside.
- 3. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Let stand for 20 minutes. With a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut dough into 4-in. squares. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 4. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling into the center of each square. Cut through dough from each corner of square to within 1/2 in. of center. Fold alternating points to each center to form a pinwheel; pinch gently at center to seal. Gently press a whole cranberry in center of each one.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Ginger Cranberry Pinwheels
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC