Ginger-Cranberry Chutney Spread Recipe
"I first became acquainted with chutney while I was serving overseas," writes LaVonne Wettering of Clermont, Florida. "I prefer a tart, rather than a sweet, tasteand that's just what the ginger, apple juice and lemon juice bring to the ruby-red spread. I usually serve it with cream cheese and crackers, but it's wonderful with turkey slices and pork chops, too."
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 package (12 ounces) cranberries
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- In a saucepan, heat water and ginger until the water is evaporated. Stir in the cranberries, apple, sugar, apple juice concentrate, raisins, lemon juice, orange peel and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator. Serve 1 cup of chutney over each package of cream cheese. Spread on crackers. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Ginger-Cranberry Chutney Spread in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p58
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger-Cranberry Chutney Spread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >