- 5-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 medium lime
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium pear, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add lime; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place lime in ice water. Discard lime seeds; finely chop lime with peel and set aside. Place cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, preserves, vinegar, ginger, curry, cinnamon and remaining water. Add spice bag. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add the pear, apple and reserved lime; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries and raisins. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes until the berries pop and mixture is thickened. Discard spice bag. Stir in walnuts. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Gingered Cranberry Chutney in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p104
Reviews for Ginger Cranberry Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review