Ginger Country-Style Pork Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, honey, garlic and pepper flakes; pour over ribs. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove ribs to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring cooking juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Spoon over ribs. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 417 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Country-Style Pork Ribs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.