- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, honey, garlic and pepper flakes; pour over ribs. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove ribs to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring cooking juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Spoon over ribs. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Country-Style Pork Ribs in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014, p1-23
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Country-Style Pork Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review