Ginger-Chutney Shrimp Stir-Fry
I made this recipe a lot when I was juggling college, work and a growing family. It tastes like you spent a lot of time making it, yet only takes minutes to pull together. —Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend, thawed
- 3/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and
- ginger; stir-fry 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in
- remaining ingredients; cook until vegetables are tender, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 356 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 1,102 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.