Ginger Chocolate Temptation Recipe
Chocolate-covered candied ginger is one of my favorite treats, so I knew this recipe was for me! Every bite of this cool, creamy custard is rich, smooth and decadent.—Elise Lalor, Issaquah, Washington
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger, divided
- Heavy whipping cream, whipped, optional
- 1. Place cream in a small heavy saucepan. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds into cream. Add bean. Bring cream mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Discard vanilla bean.
- 2. Stir in chocolate until melted. Stir 1/2 cup chocolate mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons ginger.
- 3. Pour into 12 demitasse or espresso cups. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, garnish with remaining ginger and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 274 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC