- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spay, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook the garlic, ginger and lemon peel in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup broth, sugar and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to the pan; top with lemon slices. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in green onions; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Chicken with Green Onions in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Chicken with Green Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >