Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups each broccoli florets, cauliflowerets and carrot pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and onion for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-sodium chicken broth and soy sauce) equals 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable; also, 151 calories, 655 mg sodium, 37 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 16 gm protein, 5 gm fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.