This is one of my favorite soup recipes to serve in the winter time because it's super easy to make and fills the whole house with a wonderful aroma. My whole family loves it!—Brandy Stansbury, Edna, Texas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh snow peas, halved
- 2 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken into thirds
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in broth and water. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in snow peas and pasta. Cook, covered, on low 30 minutes longer or until snow peas and pasta are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Ginger Chicken Noodle Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p76
Reviews for Ginger Chicken Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review