- Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet or wok,
- stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and
- keep warm.
- Stir-fry green pepper and onions in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add
- bamboo shoots and ginger; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and heat through.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup stir-fry (calculated without rice) equals 289 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 978 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.