Ginger Chicken Burgers with Sesame Slaw
This chicken burger gets an Asian-flavor twist with ginger and garlic. It's topped off with a fabulous coleslaw. If you like, serve the coleslaw as a side for grilled items, like chicken breasts, fish fillets or chops.Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons black sesame seeds or sesame seeds
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Crumble chicken into a small bowl. Sprinkle with ginger, garlic and
- salt; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, onion, salad dressing,
- mayonnaise and sesame seeds. Serve burgers on buns with coleslaw.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 398 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 985 mg sodium,