Ginger Chicken Burgers with Sesame Slaw Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons black sesame seeds or sesame seeds
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- 1. Crumble chicken into a small bowl. Sprinkle with ginger, garlic and salt; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- 2. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, onion, salad dressing, mayonnaise and sesame seeds. Serve burgers on buns with coleslaw. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burger equals 398 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 985 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.