- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons black sesame seeds or sesame seeds
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Crumble chicken into a small bowl. Sprinkle with ginger, garlic and salt; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, onion, salad dressing, mayonnaise and sesame seeds. Serve burgers on buns with coleslaw. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ginger Chicken Burgers with Sesame Slaw
"We liked this except for the coleslaw sauce. It was too much of a sesame taste. I made more with the sauce packet that came with the coleslaw mix and then it tasted so much better! I would make this again but without the dressing that's listed."
"Just made this recipe tonight and it is wonderful! my family loved it, including my 3-year old. I made no changes to the recipe except for using ground ginger instead of fresh ginger root. We grilled it instead of broiling. Great result!"
"It becomes dry so I made another batch but added a TBL of olive oil Mayo to it before grilling. Also brushed it with a low sodium teriyaki sauce & added a grilled pineapple along with it for more pizazz. My guest loved the changes. Slow is wonderful but added toasted almond slices."