- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons black sesame seeds or sesame seeds
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Crumble chicken into a small bowl. Sprinkle with ginger, garlic and salt; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, onion, salad dressing, mayonnaise and sesame seeds. Serve burgers on buns with coleslaw. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Chicken Burgers with Sesame Slaw
Sort By :
"We liked this except for the coleslaw sauce. It was too much of a sesame taste. I made more with the sauce packet that came with the coleslaw mix and then it tasted so much better! I would make this again but without the dressing that's listed."
"Just made this recipe tonight and it is wonderful! my family loved it, including my 3-year old. I made no changes to the recipe except for using ground ginger instead of fresh ginger root. We grilled it instead of broiling. Great result!"
"It becomes dry so I made another batch but added a TBL of olive oil Mayo to it before grilling. Also brushed it with a low sodium teriyaki sauce & added a grilled pineapple along with it for more pizazz. My guest loved the changes. Slow is wonderful but added toasted almond slices."