Ginger Chicken Burgers with Sesame Slaw Recipe
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1-1/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons black sesame seeds or sesame seeds
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, garlic and salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, onion, salad dressing, mayonnaise and sesame seeds. Serve burgers on buns with coleslaw. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ginger Chicken Burgers with Sesame Slaw(2)
Sort By :
Just made this recipe tonight and it is wonderful! my family loved it, including my 3-year old. I made no changes to the recipe except for using ground ginger instead of fresh ginger root. We grilled it instead of broiling. Great result!
It becomes dry so I made another batch but added a TBL of olive oil Mayo to it before grilling. Also brushed it with a low sodium teriyaki sauce & added a grilled pineapple along with it for more pizazz. My guest loved the changes. Slow is wonderful but added toasted almond slices.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >