- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the egg white, soy sauce, cornstarch and pepper. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. For sauce, combine the cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar until smooth; set aside.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry green pepper and onions in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add bamboo shoots and ginger; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and heat through. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ginger Chicken(10)
Sort By :
only okay. not overly thrilling
I made this with Mom's Fried Rice. Mmm, mmmmm, mmmmm, delicious.
We loved this recipe. I made only a few changes. I omitted the green pepper and added 1/2 cup water chestnuts. I also made an extra half of the sauce, but I think next time I will just double it. I will be making this again!
Very good in flavor. Next time I think I will double the sauce, not quite enough for me.
Easy way to make a tasty Asian inspired dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >