Ginger Cardamom Tea
When the weather starts to turn cold, I like to add something warm and spicy to my tea, like ginger and cardamom. A big thermos of this is just the thing for a long afternoon of raking leaves. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 individual tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- In a small saucepan, combine water, honey, ginger and cardamom; bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour over tea bags in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Steep 3-5 minutes
- according to taste. Strain tea back into saucepan, discarding ginger
- and tea bags. Stir in milk; heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 55 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.